Claudia and Rachid Ait-Touati (Murraylands / Riverland region) and Mary and Javier Centenera (Mallala region) Stories
After feeling trapped in their home country of Holland, Claudia and Rachid decided it was time to realise Claudia’s childhood dream of moving to Australia. A migration agent advised them they would not be granted an Australian working visa. They didn’t have much money in the bank. If they couldn’t work they wouldn’t last long. But they decided to try their luck. They packed five bags, their young family and headed to Australia on a tourist visa.
Watch this episode.
Visit the Limestone Coast Region
There is so much to see and do at the Limestone Coast including the beautiful World Heritage-listed caves, diving among the gorgeous shipwrecks or feasting in gourmet heaven, no matter what your doing you are bound to have a memorable experience.
View this article.
Visit Far North and Flinders Ranges Region
Lift your soul in South Australia’s timeless Flinders Ranges and outback, home to Wilpena Pound and the underground opal town of Coober Pedy. Star gaze, see rare native wildlife, and uncover Aboriginal and pastoral history. For an adventure, drive the South Australian Loop from Adelaide, hike the Heysen trail or 4WD to the Simpson Desert and mostly arid Lake Eyre.
View this article.
Visit the Yorke and Mid North Region
Southern Flinders Ranges
Ancient and dramatic mountain landscapes, peaceful tree-lined gorges, a seasonal wealth of wildlife and the sense of space unique to the semi-arid zone combine to make Flinders Ranges National Park one of South Australia’s iconic destinations.
The park comprises approximately 95 000 hectares and includes the Heysen Range, Brachina and Bunyeroo gorges and the breathtaking Wilpena Pound. Experience the native wildlife, rich cultural heritage, impressive geological features, camping opportunities and a range of activities including bushwalking, four-wheel driving, birdwatching, photography and cycling.
Clare Wine and Food Precinct
It has been said, more than once, that the Clare Valley wine region is an enchanting place; where postcard-perfect scenery meets country hospitality behind every cellar door. It’s a place where you can stumble upon boutique wineries hidden among vineyards and meet world-class winemakers at work.
With more than 40 cellar doors along a 40 kilometre corridor between Auburn and Clare, there is a treasure waiting to be discovered every time you visit. Australian wine writer James Halliday said, ‘unlocking the secrets of the Clare Valley is a pastime open to all who visit this most beautiful part of Australia’.
Wine enthusiasts regularly make the pilgrimage to what is known as the ‘heart of Australian Riesling’ but you don’t need to be a wine connoisseur to enjoy all that the Clare Valley has to offer. It’s a region where wine blends effortlessly with history, art, food, relaxation and even exercise.
The south-west corner of Yorke Peninsula is one of Australia’s great surfing draw cards, with major surfing and body boarding competitions held here. It boasts a number of excellent surfing spots ranging from fast, hollow beach breaks to powerful reef set-ups.
- Chinamans Innes National Park: A hollow, very powerful left-hand reef break of excellent quality, complete with a hair-raising take-off and a sharp, shallow ledge - definitely for experienced riders only. Heavy surf.
- West Cape Innes National Park: A left (occasionally right-handed) beach break of up to two metres. Best on north or north- west winds and low to medium tide. Heavy surf.
- Pondalowie Bay Innes National Park: A very good quality, combination beach and reef break. Medium surf.
- Richards Innes National Park: About 250 metres north of the main break at Pondalowie, this is a good quality right-hand beach and reef combination, that breaks up to 1.5 metres. Medium surf.
- Trespassers Near Point Margaret, Trespassers can be reached by Corny Point Road. It’s a good quality, right-hand, reef break, up to three metres, definitely for experienced riders only. Heavy surf.
- Salmon Hole A good quality, right-hand, semi-point break, up to two metres, Salmon Hole is long, hollow and fast. It’s best on north-westerly winds and low to medium tide. Located just south of Daly Head. Medium surf.
- Baby Lizards Pondalowie Boardwalk, Innes National Park: North of Point Margaret in Formby Bay, Baby Lizards can be good but is generally only an average quality, short, right-hand reef break up to two metres. It’s best on easterly winds with a medium to high tide. Medium surf.
- Rock Poo. Just south of Daly Head, this is a powerful right-hand reef break up to three metres and bigger; best on north-west winds on any tide. Heavy surf.
Dive and Snorkel
Yorke Peninsula is one of SA’s key diving areas. Whether you’re scuba diving or snorkelling, there’s a whole new world to explore around the shores and jetties. With such a combination of unspoilt ocean waters and habitats, including sandy beaches, reefs and islands, there is a huge diversity and abundance of fish and crustacean species to discover.
Two underwater Maritime Heritage Trails provide excellent diving opportunities for beginners and the experienced. The Wardang Island Maritime Heritage Trail has eight wrecks, while the Investigator Strait Shipwreck Trail highlights 10 vessels wrecked in the region.
Innes National Park
Incredible coastal environments and nature experiences. Innes National Park is the perfect place to let your mind drift away as you gaze over the ocean, where on a clear day you can see Kangaroo Island shimmering in the distance. The park protects the largest area of native vegetation on Yorke Peninsula, so a visit is a great opportunity to reconnect with nature. Its stunning coastal environment is protected by the newly created Southern Spencer Gulf Marine Park, which spans Investigator Strait to join with the north coast of Kangaroo Island.
- To find out more about the great places to visit in the Clare Valley region of South Australia: here or
- To find out more about the great places to visit in the Yorke Peninsula region of South Australia: here
Search the site
WANT A JOB?
Here is one that might interest you...
Vineyard Workshop Mechanic (Murraylands and Riverland Region) 2 July
Local employer is seeking someone with good knowledge of mechanical duties for mechanical repairs in their workshop. The successful applicant will be required to work on various vineyard machinery such as grape harvesters, trucks and tractors and also capable of working on their vineyard. Applicants must be physically fit, willing to work flexible hours and have a 'can-do' attitude.
View this article.
GP Permanent Tully (Health Workforce Queensland)
This Medical Centre based between Cairns and Townsville is looking for a full time or part time VR General Practitioner to join their team. The practice is built with large consulting rooms and a dedicated treatment room. The practice is supported b a full time RN/EN and a range of visiting Allied Health Services. It is a well established, fully accredited and computerised practice which offers flexible hours and good remuneration.
View this article.
Childcare Room Leader Job (Grovedale, Victoria) Applications Close: 7 July
Goodstart Grovedale - Torquay Rd has an immediate requirement for a passionate and experienced Centre Float with Diploma qualifications in children’s services. This role is required to cover breaks Monday - Friday 10:00am - 4:00pm for a total of 27.5 hours per week.
View this article.